"Keep in mind that every time you choose to buy an ethical item instead of a fast-fashion item you make a difference. Wear your values!"
We hear and read about slow fashion, consciousness and minimalist shopping everywhere these days and we truly love it. At the same time the words and the meaning behind them are quite fuzzy. The action of shopping itself will of course never be good for our environment but when you do need to shop your choice makes a difference. For us, defining ourselves as a conscious brand, means that we work to be part of the new way where mass consumption will stop and where we offer consumers better, smarter and more sustainable items.
To be clear, these are our vows:
- Our items are ethically made in Europe to last for a long time.
- Workers involved in our production process are working under good conditions without being exploited.
- We consider how we travel and how we ship items to minimize environmental pollution.
- Our leathers come from the meat industry where all parts of the animal are used and well taken care of.
- We only work with European serious tanneries who take care of the chrome that is used in the tannery process, so it does not harm the environment. Sometimes, using minimal amounts of non-dangerous chrome can be a good thing, as it makes the leather more durable and long-lasting, which is more sustainable in the long run.When chrome is being used it is never dangerous kind. We never work with tanneries where dangerous kinds of chemicals are being used.
- Our Vegan alternatives to leather will never be made by plastic. Today we use cork which is a sustainable material that you can read more about Here.
- We never have and never will throw a bag away. If a bag breaks -we fix it. Sometimes you as a customer gets a new bag, but we still fix the older one, repair it and sell it to a new owner as vintage. (Psst! Don’t miss our Facebook Community Bukvy People where our own second hand sale takes place, apply here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bukvyfriend/).
It often costs a little bit more to be a conscious shopper. The good part is that when you shop better things you will be able to wear them more often and they will last longer. Be intentional about what you buy, ask yourself what you really need and don’t buy things that you don’t need.
To buy multi-functional and timeless items gives you the flexibility to wear your things many times, in many ways and regardless of season.
Keep in mind that every time you choose to buy an ethically and well-made item instead of a fast-fashion item you make a difference. Wear your values - you become what you commit to!
Oh! To stay inspired we follow a few minimalist/conscious shopper accounts, here comes our favorites: